Specialist cases are the new normal
We provide access to a wide range of specialist mortgage products as a one-size fits all approach doesn’t work in today’s world.
Changes to employment trends during the pandemic were rapid and significant; the rise in self-employment and the gig economy has resulted in many hardworking people being rejected by mainstream lenders who are yet to adapt. But it doesn’t need to be this way, we can help you provide your self-employed clients with solutions designed for them.
The cost-of-living crisis will undoubtedly cause a rise in applicants with adverse credit for many years to come. If your client has adverse credit history and affordability looks like it will be an issue, speak to us. With our strong lender partnerships and range of innovative products via our comprehensive lending panel, we can often help find solutions in these circumstances.
What is a specialist mortgage?
A specialist mortgage is when the deal makes sense, but rigid, automated decision systems used by many mainstream lenders are not able to take a view, so the client falls foul of a ‘computer says no’ situation. We partner with lenders who can judge each case on its own merits and price for the risk applicable to your client, enabling us to provide tailored solutions to fit individual circumstances.
Types of mortgage covered in this division:
- Residential property purchases
- Residential remortgages, with or without capital raising.
Typical client scenarios:
- High-value properties
- Right to buy, including flats above 10 floors, even with adverse credit
- Shared ownership
- Non-standard construction properties
- Listed buildings
- Flats above commercial premises
- Overseas mortgages
- High loan to value mortgages, including new build houses and flats
- Capital raising remortgages to settle current debt management plans – up to 90% LTV
- Fees free 90% loan to value, purchase, and remortgage
- Sale at undervalue/gifted equity
- First-time buyers
- Self-employed with one year’s accounts/SA302
- Lending into retirement
- Gifted deposits
- Foreign nationals (with indefinite leave to remain in the UK)
- Ex-pats (with UK passports and securing on UK properties)
- Contractor mortgages
- Interest-only mortgages
- Income stretches
- Income made up of pension or benefits only
- Adverse credit history (including ex-bankrupt, IVA, DMP, CCJ’s, defaults, mortgage arrears).
- Market-leading rates
- Up to 95% LTV
- Fixed and variable rates
- Interest-only options
- Products with no fees, no ERCs and cashback deals
- Lending in England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
Bridging Facility arranged at 65% LTVTo prevent repossession of family home.Objective Our introducer approached us with clients who had an...
Interest only second charge mortgage Obtained at 75% LTV against residential property to consolidate the borrowers' business associated...