Brightstar are seeking to offer this new role to work alongside and directly report to our Compliance Manager and the Group Head of Compliance in the execution of our regulatory, compliance and governance functions.
Experience within a compliance, checking or audit capacity is essential. This role means you will become a valued member of our Compliance and Operations teams covering both Brightstar Financial and Sirius Property Finance.
The role has been created to support the continued growth and regulatory requirements on the business.
Brightstar Financial is the UK’s leading specialist distributor and provider of specialist mortgage solutions to the financial intermediary market. Financial advisers and mortgage brokers engage Brightstar to help them seek mortgage solutions for clients where mainstream options are not available. This can include residential mortgages, second charge mortgages, buy to let, short term lending, commercial finance, development finance and unsecured finance.
Brightstar was proud to win The Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work for in the UK for two consecutive years, achieving the highest ever score on record. We are also an Investors in People Gold Business, winners of the Global IIP Employer of the Year Award and we are signatory members of the Women in Finance Charter and a Living Wage
We are reputed for our excellent customer service, receiving over 2,200 5 Star reviews on TrustPilot for the outstanding service we have given to brokers and clients alike.
• Directly assisting the Compliance Manager in the execution of their regular and ad hoc duties
• Providing effective support and assistance in the undertaking of checks of all business partners, introducers, lenders and networks
• Undertaking and providing feedback on Adviser file checks to ensure AML, regulatory and Company policies achieve the required standards
• Fielding emails and calls from Advisors in relation to live cases and facilitating discussion relating to internal policies and regulatory compliance processes and case management.
• Helping to maintain accurate and relevant business records and centralised compliance registers
• Proactively identifying new responsibilities and looking for opportunities to streamline and draw additional
value from the governance and compliance processes.
• Any other duties as assigned and deemed commensurate with the role.
Skills / experience required:
• Experience with the processes of file or audit checks, preferably within an FCA regulated environment
• Motivated and focused self-starter who has the ability to learn new skills
• Strong organisational and communication skills
• Detail oriented with commercial awareness of business requirements
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and working to strict deadlines
• A strong grasp of written English and excellent proof-reading skills
• Computer literate in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to provide excellent customer service to customers and stakeholders
• A flexible approach to work, and the ability to work well as part of a dynamic team
• Positive attitude with a strong desire to learn and progress.
• £20,000 to £25,000 depending on experience
• 25 days holiday per year plus bank holiday
• 6 month induction and probation.
We believe that diverse teams make the best teams and that strength lies in difference. Research tell us that some candidates, especially women, may be put off applying for a job role unless they can meet every criteria.
Achieving the right cultural fit is of key importance to our business; over, perhaps, ticking every box on the criteria list. We are also open to discussion regarding flexible working requests.
So, if you are excited about the prospect of working with Brightstar and believe you can do much of what we are looking for, please do get in touch!